In our household Matt is the chef (so lucky!). He is always trying to save money while not compromising taste, and quality. This is a healthy soup that we made the other night in about an hour. The most expensive part of this meal was the squash, around $6.50. Here's the recipe:1 medium squash
2 large onions
5 small carrots
2-3 cloves garlic
1 can diced tomatoes w/green chili & chipotle peppers
This is a hearty soup with a smokey flavor and a kick! It gained heat as leftovers. Yummy. Here's a step by step procedure followed by a video of Matt making the soup.
1. Put some olive oil in a quart pan on medium heat. Add chopped onions and let them cook until transparent, around 15 minutes.
2. Add chopped carrots. Cook until soft, another 15 minutes.
3. Add chopped garlic, for 10 minutes or until brown.
4. Add the chopped squash. Cook until soft, around 15 minutes.
5. Add can of diced tomatoes. We used ones with green chilies and chipotle peppers, but you can use what you like.
6. Add salt, pepper, and rosemary to taste.
10. You are ready to eat! Serve it up and enjoy. We added fresh avocado slices for texture and more deliciousness. You can also use any type of squash in this soup, it's a basic recipe. Now take a look at our video.